I love it when I point out the shitty side of Christianity and someone inevitably says, “Well, not all Christians believe that, and it’s not what I believe. Jesus taught us to love one another and all those bad parts don’t count anymore. True Christianity is about love.” You know, you’re right….
To attack Christanity because of the poor decisions made by the misguided and corrupt even in the past is extremely close minded. Do we still treat all Germans as Nazis?
Bad things have been done in the name of every single religion or lack thereof in history. Ghandi himself recognized Christanity was a righteous faith while it’s followers are often misguided.
He isn’t just talking about the followers. The entire Bible and new Testament is shit (excuse my ad hominem against the text). If you can’t take your entire holy text and apply all of it to life right now, without any moral reservations, then it’s not much of a moral code or holy.
The bible is a collection of stories and morals. Times have changed but the same ideas of generosity to the poor, loving thy neighbor, and living a good life are there.
And those ideals are in several different texts that have nothing to do with Christianity. So why choose to follow a book that has plenty of horrors in it with a few saving graces, don’t mind the pun?
Are you a Christian my friend? Because if you’re making claims about what Christianity is about I would hope you have first hand experience about what our values are.
- amyallisonwho likes this
- miss-creant likes this
- beatboxfox likes this
- gaymerlibertarian reblogged this from osuphantom and added:
- osuphantom reblogged this from gaymerlibertarian and added:
- hyena-in-pantaloons reblogged this from gaymerlibertarian
- hyena-in-pantaloons likes this
- existenceandidentity reblogged this from osuphantom and added:
- carnerdlian likes this
- this-moment-of-pure-bliss likes this
- heavyheadedrose likes this
- gaymerlibertarian likes this
- existenceandidentity posted this